So after my little, 'Let's enjoy the seasons', observation, I made the mistake of going into Michaels today.
Two words, sensory, overload! It is like Christmas exploded in there, complete with Christmas music playing overhead. Help!
The whole thing is giving me anxiety! And with Thanksgiving so late that means a rush job by me in the holiday set up at our house. I usually like to take my time a parcel it out, but it is going to be December just 3 days after Thanksgiving. Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh........
Now my brain is in complete overdrive. Gifts, what? and for who. Parties? maybe. Shopping? yes, yes and yes! Cookies? OMG! Alcohol? I think lots are in order.
Wish me luck friends. 36 days until the big day, which I'm working on by the way.
Search This Blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Boys of Summer
"The boys of Summer" is one of those phrases that I've heard most of my life it seems. I did have a vague notion that it had t...
-
Twenty five years ago we were waiting to have our first child. All the worry, anxiety, anticipation, fear, exhaustion of pregnancy ending ...
-
It's been a minute. Time has a way of moving forward unimpeded regardless of our documenting and chronicling its every moment. Now in m...
I feel your pain! Yesterday morning while I was puttering around the house, I had the Today show on in the background--but all I kept hearing was Christmas music--EVERY ad was a Christmas ad. I had to turn it off. Too anxiety provoking. Then I went to Fred Meyer where I was welcomed by a WALL of poinsettias, not to mention the explosion of Christmas merchandise and decorations. I'm having a hard time thinking Christmas when Thanksgiving is still a week away!!
ReplyDelete