Search This Blog

Monday, December 30, 2013

Random Observations

The Weather: I like it right now. Cold enough to make you think it's winter, gray enough to make you want to snuggle up and watch a movie, not so nasty as to keep you from running outside. Perfect!

Shopping Sick: Not a big fan.  I know at some point in your illness you need to get out of the house and get some food, however would it be possible that you not do it at peak grocery shopping time (10am on Monday) in your pajamas and slippers?  And I know you think that it is all good because you are covering your coughing and sneezing with the front of your oversized flannel shirt, which you continue to parade around the store like a germ infested flag.  Thanks for sharing your micro organisms with us when we have less than a week of break left.

Good Deeds: My 15 year old son managed to gather 4 friends at 8am on a Monday of Christmas break to go to the food bank and pack boxes and do inventory for the Sunshine Division.  Of course they were lured with Sesame Donuts and Pizza for lunch, but still.

Mid-Week Holidays: All at once it seemed like it took forever for Christmas to get here because it was on a Wednesday and I was working, but by the same token I was all ready for the kids to make lunches and head off to school this morning.  Its very strange.

Desserts: I think I might actually be done with them.  Not forever of course, but probably for a month or so.

The Fridge: Something smells in there and I cannot figure it out!  I have gotten rid of every suspicious left over, vegetable and piece of fruit.  The milk, eggs and cheese are new.  Help!

Aluminum Foil: Also known as tin foil is only $1.00 more at 7-11 on Christmas Day at 5pm than it is any other regular day at Safeway.  Not bad really.

Coffee: I'm a little scared to admit that I am beginning to like my homemade coffees better than the ones I buy. Which introduces a dilemma.  Am I really going to Starbucks, Coffee Rush, Ava, for the coffee, or the 'experience'? Granted when it is a coffee gathering it is the conversation and the company, but we could have that in one of our kitchens right? Maybe that's a thought for the new year.

Decaf: I'm thinking about it for the new year.  Why?  Why not?

Self Check Out: My kids like Dragon Fruit, know what it looks like, are always on the lookout for it.  How come the 9 year old can identify it, but the self check out machine at Safeway has no record of it and the person that is supposed to help you with these sort of things has to be told what it is as well?

Target: Is everyone going to use cash, checks and gift cards there now?

The Van: Since my husband was ferrying the do-gooders around today he took the van.  Since my vehicle is the 'van of requirement' -Harry Potter reference borrowed from my good friend- I was without all my shopping bags. But even more enlightening when I pulled up to drop my son for basketball practice, waving at my friends as they also dropped their boys no one recognized me!  Apparently the truck possesses an invisibility cloak for the driver. (more Harry Potter, sorry)

Alcohol: I think we may officially be old.  We have reached the point where we are receiving bottles of  alcohol for Christmas.  Rum for my husband, Tequila for me.  Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pre-Retirement Days

 When my husband and I were still in the thick of kids in school, sports, dance, summer jobs for all the them, both of us working. Trying to...