Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Best Mocha Ever...

So, I wouldn't say I have to have a coffee everyday, and we're not talking some drip coffee I make at home, we're talking COFFEE.  In an emergency I can do a Starbucks instant Via, but that is my limit on home made stuff.  After all we all have our places in this world and the baristas of the planet hold a special place in my heart.

I have no brand loyalty, I'm pretty much like that across the board.  If I like it I will try it, as long as the price is right. ( I'm a bit of a cheap skate as well)  There are a few local coffee places that I love and if I have the time I would prefer to go there, because the coffee is gooooood.

When I am on the fly though, between errands, chores, dropping off and picking up kids, I'm a Starbucks girl just because they are reliable.  If they actually make what I ask for I can usually count on it tasting the same no matter which one I go to.

Sometimes I will give a new place a try.  There is always that moment though when you think, 'Is this going to be worth it?'  Because of course I have rules.  My kids think I'm crazy, but oh well, more fodder for their future therapy right?  I only have one coffee a day, I only get a coffee if I have done my workout for the day and had at least half of my water for the day- I know you are all thinking 'crazy train', but if not I end up drinking coffee and not much else, the water gets lost in the shuffle and all I have to show for it is a headache and crankier than usual attitude. No comment from family and friends here!

If I buy a coffee I will usually suffer through even if it is not great.  It has to be really horrific for me to give up and dump it down the drain.

OK, so here is where I was going when I started this whole thing.  I had the best mocha ever last weekend on a road trip in Montana.  We were visiting friends in Western Montana, not a lot of population out there and certainly no Starbucks, but over the last 8 years that we have been making this summer trip some coffee carts have been popping up.

We stopped at Cheri's Coffee in Thompson Falls, MT  It is on Montana Hwy 200 right next to the Ace Hardware.  She was just closing up, put popped back in to make me a 12oz.  double iced mocha.  Delish!  I'm picky about my mochas because if there is too much chocolate that makes it too sweet and it overtakes the coffee.  This was fantastic just the right amount of chocolate vs. coffee.  Cheri's is my new go to in the Western Montana area!

Bad news is it is an 8 1/2 hour drive from here.  I just have to keep up my local search.

2 comments:

  1. I get to be your first comment!

    As someone who religiously reads all your columns for Seasons and Generations I'm thrilled I won't have to wait so long between amusing stories about your family...and pets...and hair...

    Great first post, and I'll know where to look for you if I call your house and one of of the kids says, Uh, we haven't seen mom for HOURS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. Its about time! This is so great and good for you I expect to see some great writing, just as we've enjoyed from your short stories.

    Milton Cheswick

    ReplyDelete

Pre-Retirement Days

 When my husband and I were still in the thick of kids in school, sports, dance, summer jobs for all the them, both of us working. Trying to...